Friday, April 2, 2010

Ready, Set, Re-Resolve!


So I've scratched my idea of 20 new recipes in one year. Why? Because it's May and I've tried so many more than that! They may be little inventions here and there: a quick combination of ingredients I find at the Farmer's Market, or an accidental substitution, but I am beginning to think that goal just is not good enough. So I've decided that making a list of this year's "ultimates" is the better way to go. Things that, on a lazy weekend or early night off of work, I can really commit to working on. That way, recipes that are actually important to me can begin to fold into my core go-to's. I'm making this list, checking it twice, and then taping it to the refrigerator. My suggestion is for you to do the same. Is Grandma's lasagna really dynamite? Put it on your list, and tape it to the fridge. I don't have kids, but I do have a hungry boyfriend- the "ooh, when are we having this lasagna?" commentary is motivation enough to keep it in drive. And eventually, so too will be the glory of conquering a new recipe, and checking things off your list.

Red Beans and Ricely Yours,

Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment